Friday, December 5, 2014

What's in my bag?

One of the number one questions I get while on the road is "How do you pack everything in one bag?" I have to say, my month-long backpacking trip in Europe prepared me for the packing that I was going to have to do for the next year (not as extreme as only bringing 4 pairs of underwear for a month, but you catch my drift.) So, for everyone who is curious about how I pack for weeks at a time...Here's a look into my luggage.

First, lets start with the bags themselves:
Lightweight, 4 wheels, with lots of secret compartments!

The big one is my main bag that I check on every flight. The biggest win is when I get to the airport to find my bag is 49 or 50 lbs EXACTLY. Because I collect and give away tshirts and random SDT gear, my bag can fluctuate in weight a little bit.

The little one is my lap top, enough clothes for about 2 days in case my bag gets lost, makeup bag, a pair of wedges, and my heavy jewelry. 

After my first 7 week leg of travel, I decided that the rolling bag was annoying to bring on planes and switched over to this amazing purse that can fit my laptop and all other flying necessities. I now fly through airport security and move so much faster through airports. 

Kate Spade Saturday A Satchel: BEST BAG EVER.

Now for the clothes, I am all about simple pieces that can be layered, worn in multiple ways, and washed easily. Here's what is in my bag:

Bottoms:
1 pair black jeans
1 pair regular jeans
1 black circle skirt 
1 pair white tailored shorts (a recruitment favorite in August/September!)
1 pair jean shorts
1 pencil skirt 
1 pair patterned "comfy" pants
1 Nike Shorts 
2 pair black leggings
2 pairs of workout pants 

Tops:
1 Colored "pop" top
1 Red peplum top 
1 Flowy colorful top
2-4 nice t-shirts
2-3 long sleeved shirts
1 chambray button down
5 SDT shirts

Dresses:
1 Black pref dress
1 White initiation/recruitment dress
1 Maxi dress
1 Casual sundress
1 Colorful recruitment dress

Misc:
1 black cardigan
1 Light jacket
2 patterned scarves 
1 SDT Sweater

Shoes:
(side note: This was the HARDEST for me to decide on. I love, love, love my shoes and felt horrible leaving them at home.)
White Converse high tops
Nude pump
Black heel
Tan flat
Black flat
Nice sandal 
Shower shoes

Now that it's getting into winter time, I replace t-shirts with sweaters and bring tights/socks/boots on the road with me. I hope that this look into my luggage will inspire you to pack consciously for your next trip! 

With love from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida,

Ilana

No comments:

Post a Comment