Saturday, October 11, 2014

We Change Just As the Seasons Change

For the first time in my life, I have experienced the changing of the seasons. Growing up in South Florida, I never had a real "winter" and never knew what it was like to see the leaves turn to shades of brown as autumn came. And every time I see a big pile of dead leaves, I have to resist the urge to act like this guy:

A little over a month ago, I came to Michigan State for the first time. I was still able to rock a t-shirt and shorts, but now October has really proved one thing: I am completely unprepared for winter. To try to prepare myself, I bought my first REAL winter parka. Filled with glorious layers of fluffy down or geese feathers or something and fleece-lined pockets, this heavy duty coat was made to withstand a frigid Canadian winter (no really, I bought it from a Canada-based store). I also purchased a beanie, which I realize is probably more for fashion than it is warmth. Still on the list are gloves, more boot socks, a pair of snow boots, and a new immune system (I feel like I have been under the weather for the majority of my travel thus far.)

Adorable husky puppies aside, I travel to Tallahassee this Friday for my chapter's alumnae weekend and more importantly: FSU VS NOTRE DAME. I really can't wait to be back in the city that I called home for several amazing, yet confusing years.

Here's some updated stats for you:
  • I've visited the O'Hare airport 11 times and never stepped outside the airport.
  • I've accumulated miles on 5 different airlines
  • I've checked my bags on 19 different flights and they've only gotten lost once
  • I've read 6 novels since my travels started 

If I visit the arctic tundras of Syracuse, Cornell, Indiana, Wisconsin (or anywhere similar) this January, I ask you one thing: please pray for me.

Enjoying the fall in Wisconsin earlier this week and sporting my new Kate Spade Saturday bag!

With love from East Lansing, Michigan,
Ilana

No comments:

Post a Comment